Saturday, May 12, 2007

cheesecake and tide

I like this new blog. I think I'll tell people it exists. Course then I'll be writing it with an audience in mind. But that's cool I guess. I always fancied myslef a bit of an Erma Bombeck, or Molly Ivins. Anyway.

I went to see Troy tonight. He looked pretty good, except for the weird faux hawk hairdo. But he has lots of time on his hands, so if a strange hairstyle is the craziest thing that happens, I'll consider myself lucky. He is anxious to get home. I'm anxious to have him home. I just want him home better is all. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one. I left visiting hours a little early today. There was a new lady there, small woman in her 50's looked like. She was crying the entire time I was there. She cried to the family that had come to visit, and she cried to herself in between visitors. It was that really scared kind of cry. The kind with words mixed with sobs. I tried to respect her and not pay undue attention. But I was sad for her. And Troy stepped out of the room to fetch his dirty laundry for me to take home and it was more than I could take listening to the cries. So when he came back with his dirties, I headed out. And as I passed her I had a strong urge to lean down, put each of my hands on each of her cheeks, look in her eyes, and say, "I know." Cause I know.

I am baking a cheesecake to take to my mother-in-law's for mother's day. I love cheesecake. I don't know what it is that makes it so divine. Probably the fat content. Wish that worked for people. The fatter I'd get, the more people would love me. That sounds fair to me. Kinda settles out society if you ask me.

No comments: